Monday, June 06, 2005

Ouch, that hurt

I was pretty tired heading into tonight's $250+30 NLHE tournament, that and the higher buy-in made me have to really think about whether I wanted to play this event. Kevin wasn't going to play this one (had to work), so I had to make my decision without his advice. I decided I had been playing pretty well, and with the winnings from the other night, I could afford it. 250 entrants created a $62500 prize pool, which was pretty tempting, too.

Played pretty well for a couple of hours, then got shortstacked but got lucky and came back, but made one boneheaded play and busted myself out in 34th. And of course, only 27 places paid. I still feel like I only made the one significant mistake, so I'm not going to beat myself up too badly, but it's still painful.

Tomorrow: $100+25 NLHE rebuy tournament

No comments: